Natural Hair is not for the faint of heart. When you decide to go natural, your life changes in several ways. If you've decided to go natural, there are things you should know about managing natural hair. There are indeed products your stylist can suggest to help manage your Hair, but staying up-to-date with the latest haircut trends and incorporating certain vitamins, minerals and nourishing hair oils can make it easier for you to manage your 2C Hair.
Why Is It Difficult To Manage 2c Hair?
One of the most difficult hair types to manage is 2c Hair. This type of Hair is curly but not in a classic, spiral way. Instead, it tends to be large and frizzy, with volume that can feel out of control.
The biggest challenge with 2c Hair is the volume control. This type of curl has a lot of it, so it responds poorly to products designed for fine or Straight Hair. Curly girls with this curl type should use products that volumize without weighing down the curls.
Frizz is also a problem for curly girls with this curl type. Because their curls are so large and heavy, they tend to frizz easily in humid weather and other conditions that make them swell up even more than usual (like heat from a blow dryer). In addition, 2c curls tend to be dry due to their density and texture.
Tips For Managing 2C Hair With Ease
Here are some tips to manage these hairs:
Proper cleansing is vital for 2C Hair as it helps maintain the natural moisture balance without stripping away essential oils. It prevents dryness, promotes a healthier scalp, and keeps 2C hair looking its best.
- Use a sulfate-free shampoo designed for wavy and curly Hair.
- Limit shampooing to prevent excessive dryness.
- Massage the scalp gently to remove buildup without rough handling.
- Rinse thoroughly to ensure no product residue is left behind.
ALSO READ: Top 7 Shampoos for Oily Hair in 2023
Keeping 2C Hair hydrated is essential to maintain its manageability, enhance its natural curl pattern, and prevent frizz and dryness. Hydrated Hair retains shape and bounce, ensuring 2C Hair looks and feels healthy.
- Apply a moisturizing conditioner.
- Incorporate deep conditioning treatments at least once a week.
- Avoid washing hair with hot water, as it can strip away moisture.
- Consider using leave-in conditioners or hydrating sprays to refresh and hydrate throughout the day.
Your styling techniques can make or break your look! For the most part, you should avoid heat tools on your 2C curls because they tend to get frizzy easily when exposed to heat for long periods (especially if exposed to high temperatures). Instead, opt for products designed specifically for 2C curls, like curl creams or gels that provide hold without the crunchiness of using gel. If you use heat on your curls, use it sparingly and always apply it after applying the product for better results!
- You can enhance curl formation by wrapping Hair in a microfiber towel.
- Using a diffuser attachment on low heat will prevent curls from being disrupted.
- Do not brush or excessively touch your Hair when it is dry to prevent frizz.
Frizz can be a common concern for 2C Hair, but effective frizz control measures can help maintain smooth, defined curls. Taming frizz ensures that 2C Hair looks polished and well-groomed and showcases its natural beauty.
- Styling damp Hair with an anti-frizz serum or cream will prevent frizz.
- The use of heat tools can cause frizz.
- Use a microfiber towel or cotton T-shirt to gently squeeze excess water from your Hair instead of rubbing it.
- Sleep on a satin or silk pillowcase to reduce friction and minimize frizz.
Implementing protective styling techniques is essential for maintaining the health of 2C Hair. Protective styles help minimize damage, breakage and preserve the shape and integrity of the curls. Adopting protective styling, 2C Hair can thrive and retain its natural beauty for longer.
- Protect your Hair from daily manipulation with braids, buns, or twists.
- Avoid hair breakage using hair accessories such as satin scrunchies or hair ties.
- Protect your Hair by moisturizing and sealing the ends.
- Protective styles should be limited in duration to avoid excessive tension.
ALSO READ: 3b vs 2c Hair: A Comprehensive Guide
Hair with a 2C texture may require a little extra work regarding styling. However, with the right approach and a few helpful tips, it's pretty easy to manage 2C hair daily. It simply requires some extra TLC and some additional product (make sure whatever you choose for styling is low- to no-hold). With these five tips in mind, you will be on your way to managing your 2C curls with ease!